Sunday, June 10, 2007

God of Suffering

... I have really been struggling with God suffering. I know that He does.. I know our sin makes him sad and believe He suffered greatly when he endured the cross and when his children turn their gaze from Him. But He is God... I think sometimes I just slip into believing that suffering is a sign of weakness but its not at all. Its a sign of strength. But I think a lot of people have that same misconception... that "How can the God of the universe fill pain or suffer", because wouldn't that show that we have power over him if we can cause Him pain??? NO... because He endured the sufferings and overcame them. We know that He victorious, for he has already overcame death. His suffering shows LOVE AND MERCY and GRACE.
One of my friends explained it as a parent with their child. The parent bore that child (created it) and loves the child wholeheartedly but when the child begins to walk even though the parent knows the child will walk one day. He rejoices when it happens. And he knows that their with be days when his child rebels against him but when it happens it still causes pain and still hurts. God knew that he was going to send Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, it was apart of His will. But it he still suffered with His son. He knows our sins before we do them but when we do them its still makes him sad.

I praise God for not wiping me out for daily causing Him pain and suffering. God you are my Creator, Maker, Savior, Redeemer, and Father. Help me be willing to suffer you.

No comments: