Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tri- "cheese sandwich"-athlon

Bekah and Me

Bekah Brett Me
We might have eaten a cheese sandwich during the race but at least we finished!!!

Today was a monumental day.... why? because it was the day that I completed my first of hopefully many triathlons. I participated in the Lake Murray Sprint Triathlon on Dreher Island it consisted of a 750 meter swim, 16 mile bike ride, and ended with a 5k run. Bekah, one of my new kindred spirits and best friends did the race with me. She is simply one of the most amazing people I have ever met. We decided a month ago on a whim that we were going to do the race and then began our 5:oo am training, which was insane but so amazing.

The race was incredible as well as exhausting. However, one thing is for sure... Bekah and I would have never made it through without the help of our wonderful coach and friend, Brett Looker, our family support, the much needed and prayed over pregame poop, and finding strength to complete the race through talking to our heavenly Father all the way throughout it.

It was neat to see so many people who had no clue who each other were spurring one another on. My daddy came to cheer me on and seeing him at every transition really did help keep me going. I love him so much. He has always been one of my biggest supports and encourager's.

* on a side note* I took a 3hour nap today in my parents bed, which I used to do when I was in high school after big soccer tournaments. I would lay in their bed and listen to them talk and laugh as I fell asleep.. usually I would wake up to the same sweet sound. Today.. was no different than the past except the sound was so much sweet than I could ever remember it. I stayed in bed for probably another 20 minutes just listening and praising God for moments like these!

No comments: