Wednesday, May 16, 2007

simply my duty

Luke 17: 7-10 "When a servant come in from plowing or taking care of sheep, does his master say, 'Come in and eat with me'? No, he says, 'Prepare my meal, put on your apron, and serve me while I eat. Then you can eat later.' And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do? Of course not. In the same way, when you obey me you should say, 'We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.'"

Holy moly... I read this passage this morning during my quite time and just felt convicted to no end. Why? Because so often times this is not my attitude. I am constantly seeking a thank you, constantly seeking praise. I long to serve to get a pat on the back or a job well done. So many times the motivations of my heart are selfish and not of a true servant. What if we were to serve God wholeheartedly without ever wanting or expecting a reward ever... not here and not in heaven. what if we just served because WE LOVED HIM THAT MUCH!! Because don't we serve thinking well at least if no one here thanks me my treasure is still in Heaven? I know I do...

2 comments:

Eduardo said...

It's good to know that some young people still believe in God! I'm a peruvian writer, visit my blog if you wish:
www.eduardo-acosta.blogspot.com
Kisses and be good!
EDUARDO

Unknown said...

Hey Mary... love you, thanks for visiting tonight.